Your Mindset, Your Health, Your Life
Well, another year is about to end. We hope you enjoyed reading our blogs over the past year. We like to think that we helped many of you with your health and fitness and that you are entering 2017 as your healthiest self.
Before you start singing Auld Lang Syne and enjoy a glass or two of champagne, let’s take some time to reflect upon our minds, life and our health.
Before anyone can lead a healthy and happy life, they need to be in a good frame of mind. Having a good mindset can get you through many of the unexpected hurdles life has a habit of throwing at us. Before we can achieve anything or reach our goals, we need to decide what we want. A positive and healthy mindset is crucial. Here are some tools we can all employ to boost our mindsets:
- Accept yourself for who are. Don’t direct energy towards negative thoughts or things that you want to change. Embrace all that is good and quirky about you.
- Socialize and surround yourself with positive people. It’s hard but sometimes we have to make the decision to cut out negative people and forces.
- Take up a hobby and participate in the events and activities that give you pleasure as much as you can.
- Choose your words wisely. Reserve negative words for truly bad situations.
We are the ones who are in control of our day to day lives. We can’t wait for destiny or other people to tell us what to do or how to feel. Adopt a healthy lifestyle by:
- Eating well and taking regular exercise. Allow yourself treats and listen to your body. Your body will let you know when you need to rest or take a break for a while.
- Focus only on the things you can control. If you are awaiting news or an update on something you have no influence over, try to put it to the back of your mind. This is often easier said than done but it is wasted energy that could be used in things you are in control of.
- Get rid of the trash clogging your life and mind. This could include decluttering your home or cutting down on the amount of negative news and gossip you consume via T.V., radio, the internet or printed press.
- Take time to appreciate the little wins in your life and all the good people in your life. Don’t forget to let people know that you are thankful. It may be the trigger that person needs to lead their own life healthfully and mindfully.
Your health IS your wealth. It is the currency that gets you through life and we should all protect our health as best as we can. No one is immortal or capable of avoiding all illnesses but there’s a lot we can do to stay healthy:
- Eat well. We’re blue in the face from talking about how important fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods are. There’s no harm in a treat from time to time but limit the amount of processed foods you consume. It’s just poison for the body.
- Keep active. Before many of us know it, our bones and joints will ache and our energy levels will dip. Staying fit in your younger years may save you from a lot of pain and discomfort in your twilight years.
- Avoid risky behaviors like recreational drug use, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, unsafe sex and reckless driving. These and other negative behaviors can compromise your health and life, leaving you unable to enjoy life to its full extent.
- Take care of others. Create healthy environments for your whole family to live in. Everyone wants as much time as possible to spend with those they love and cherish.
Your mindset, your life and your health are all intertwined but you need to take care and nurture each part. As the New Year approaches, we encourage you all to take a moment to reflect upon the choices you made over the past year and to decide on your goals or resolutions for the coming year. Wishing you all a good year and good health!
Feeling better about your health or fitness shouldn’t be a chore. If you ever need some extra support, come by BEFIT to speak with one of our trainers or simply fill out a Free Consultation Request by clicking the link and a fitness professional will reach out to you within 24 hours.